What can Massage help with?
Massage can help to restore a range of motion we may have forgotten was possible, allowing fluent, balanced movement and a reduction of associated discomfort.
Research has shown that regular Massage may:
- Relieve the pain associated with back and neck issues
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Help prevent scar tissue formation after muscle tears
- Release endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller
- Help to speed recovery from exercise-induced fatigue
- Relieve the pain associated with migraines and tension headaches
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping
- Improve flexibility and range of movement
- Ease muscular discomfort during pregnancy and post-partum
Massage at Teneriffe Osteopathy
Depending on your needs, Massage at Teneriffe Osteopathy may include working with your back, neck, arms, legs, head, ribcage, chest and abdomen.
A range of techniques may be used, including:
- Deep tissue
- Trigger point therapy
- Myofascial release
- Passive or active stretching